Hometown: Tucson, AZ (Go Wildcats!)

Undergraduate Degree: B.S. in Journalism with a minor in Political Science

Career Interest: Through the Early Interview Program (EIP) at UC Law SF, I received an offer from Reed Smith for a Summer Associate position in Los Angeles. I am particularly interested in their Life Sciences and Health Care practice groups. I currently work in intellectual property litigation, but I’ve always kept an open mind when it comes to future specialization.

Activities/Clubs at UC Law SF:  Editor in Chief, Hastings Business Law Journal, Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, VolunteerVolunteer Income Tax Assistance Clinic

Kya’s Story: I transferred to UC Law SF to broaden both my professional and academic networks, as well as to receive a high-level UC education. Any doubts I had quickly disappeared upon arrival. The students, professors, administrators, and staff are some of the most helpful and kindhearted people I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. I appreciate how many of my professors are practicing attorneys and how their real-world experiences shape each lecture. Most students don’t realize that the transfer process can be isolating but also extremely invigorating. Choosing UC Law SF has been one of the best decisions I’ve made because it has given me the chance to get involved with things that I am passionate about, like joining the ADR team. I know that I will succeed as both a student and an attorney.