If personal reasons or professional aspirations are leading you to the Bay Area, consider spending a semester or a full academic year as a Visiting JD Student at UC Law SF. JD students attending other ABA-accredited law schools are eligible to apply. Visiting JD Student applications are accepted for both the Fall and Spring semesters and Visitors can attend UC Law SF during their 2L or 3L years.
- July 15 for the Fall semester
- November 15 for the Spring semester
- Online Application at LSAC.org
- Personal Statement outlining your reasons for wanting to attend UC Law SF.
- One letter of recommendation, ideally from a professor at your current law school. However you are welcome to use a letter from your original law school application.
- Official transcript of all law school work, mailed directly from your home law school to UC Law SF
- For students who enroll as JD Visitors: A letter from your current law school indicating that you have permission to visit UC Law SF (on your law school’s letterhead, signed by your Academic Dean or his/her designee)
UC Law SF Admissions Office
200 McAllister Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
UC Law SF will request an updated CAS report directly from LSAC.
For Visiting Students, financial aid is awarded through the school of origin via a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement. Please consult your home school’s Financial Aid Office for details.